Banquets and business gatheringsNovember 20, 2019
Rijeka Carnival – be what you want!February 12, 2020
Have you already chosen your New Year’s Eve destination?
It’s not too late for last minute decision and booking your airplane tickets to one of the many world destinations.
For those of you who want to spend this day in a slightly different, more extravagant way, we have explored some of the cities with spectacular parties worth witnessing:
- New York, SAD – New Year`s Eve at the Times Square is one of the world’s most famous New Year’s celebration. A river of people is squeezed into the city’s epicenter, waiting for the Waterford Crystal Ball to drop from the former New York Times building. This American tradition is more than 100 years old. Gorgeous lights and glitter, the world’s most famous performers, thousands of confetti and decorations certainly make one of the best ambiences for a New Year’s Eve.
- Sydney, AUSTRALIA – if you want to be the first to welcome New Year, head to Sydney. Crowds gather around the city’s main harbor to enjoy the spectacular fireworks, which are among the top 5 in the world.
- Rio De Janeiro, BRAZIL – how about a New Year`s Eve at the beach? Rèveillon, the New Year’s Eve celebration in Rio is one of the largest in the world. Dressed in white, millions of locals and visitors flock to endlessly long beaches, throwing flowers into the sea at midnight, honoring the African goddess of the sea Yemanjà.
- Moscow, RUSSIA – the main celebration traditionally takes place in the heart of Moscow – Red Square, offering a fantastic view of the famed fireworks above the Kremlin. The Russian capital is turning into a true snow fairy tale on New Year’s Eve.
- Tokyo, JAPAN – for New Year’s Eve, the streets and restaurants of Tokyo are packed with people, many of whom eat buckwheat noodles to ensure health and happiness in the New Year. The bells in the temples count down to midnight, adding a dreamy note to this celebration. Just for the New Year, the Emperor opens the palace courtyard to the public, and it’s definitely worth a visit.
- Paris, FRANCE – this city of lights becomes city of fireworks for the New Year`s Eve. Thousands and thousands of people gather along Champs-Élysées Avenue with champagne in their hands and all eyes are on the Eiffel Tower. At midnight, fireworks explode along the entire length of the tower, creating a spectacle of light and a sight to remember.
- Dubai, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES – Dubai’s Burj Khalifa is one of the most interesting skyscrapers in the world, especially on New Year’s Eve. This building holds the record for the tallest building in the world, and when lit by grandiose fireworks, it looks even more spectacular. Dubai is building its reputation as a “food” destination as well, so for those who like to enjoy a variety of delicacies, Dubai is the right choice.
- Edinburgh, SCOTLAND – Hogmanay is the Scottish word for New Year’s Eve and the festival of the same name has become one of the biggest New Year’s celebrations in the world. This three-day festival is packed with events that include a torchlight parade, live music concerts, family events, mass street parties, traditional dances, fireworks and even a costume parade that ends with a swim in the cold river. Sounds interesting!
- Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA – take a moment to reflect on the year that is passing as you catch the last rays of the sun from the top of Table Mountain – a must-see sight in this country. The cable cars run until 9:30 pm, leaving plenty of time for rest and preparation for the rest of the celebration. Alcatraz, a fairytale festival taking place at the foot of the mountain, hosts the reigning queens and kings of electronic music.
- Las Vegas, NEVADA – in this city that never sleeps and where you can party every night throughout the year, the New Year’s Eve celebration is a whole different level. There are endless possibilities – extravagant nightclub parties, various world-class dinners, casinos and endless fireworks. These are just some of the ways in which you can spend the New Year`s Eve in one and only Las Vegas.
New Year’s Eve is the biggest party of the year for many. It’s a party that brings people together to celebrate all the potential the new year has to offer; an evening where you can relax, say goodbye to the old and welcome the new. No matter in which part of the world you are in, we wish you to spend this night with your family and friends.
As long as you are with people whose company you enjoy, you are in the best place in the world!